Sunday, May 30, 2010

So I went to dinner lastnight at Redbank plains Tavern with my Family and my aunt and I spoke to the chef about making me something Vegan he offered me a great salad or vege based pasta, I got the pasta because I only get salads everywhere else. When the girl served it to me she told me I had to let the chef know if it was any good. It was fairly decent, I'm not that fussed on pasta and I kinda wish I asked for the salad but still decent.

Since I've been eating porridge A LOT lately I figured I'd do a more thorough post about them...

Instant oatmeal is a dish many people enjoy having for breakfast. Not only it is a delicious dish for breakfast, it is also a dish that helps in reducing your hunger, thereby helping you stick to your diet plan. This is because the fiber in oats forms gels to fill up. And it is these gels that delay the emptying of your stomach so that you don’t feel hungry quickly.
Having a bowl of instant oatmeal every morning increases your consumption of whole grains. These whole grains have fiber, various minerals and phytonutrients. These phytonutrients include lignans, plant sterols and stanols and antioxidants. The lignans are helpful in protecting your heart while stanols help in normalizing blood cholesterol levels. Eating about two bowls of oatmeal a day helps to reduce your cholesterol levels by six points in three months.
In addition to this, instant oatmeal also helps in reducing the medication in a person with diabetes. Instant oatmeal is also full of proteins and has about 50% of the amount of manganese a person requires in a day. Oatmeal also offers lots of iron, magnesium and thiamin. So it can be seen that instant oatmeal helps you to lose weight, and at the same time, provides you with your required nutrients. There is absolutely no cholesterol in a bowl of instant oatmeal as there is only three grams of dietary fiber in it. Oatmeal is a high source of phosphorus where you can find 133 mg of phosphorus and 42 mg of magnesium in it.
Instant oatmeal is a dish that does not have many calories. Though a portion of oatmeal has only 110 calories, it is a very filling dish. With a bowl of instant oatmeal, your hunger gets satisfied and you don’t feel hungry for quite sometime. The amount of fat in a bowl of oats is only two grams; so you don’t feel guilty of eating unnecessary fat in your breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment